Monday, July 12, 2010

Name: Gillian

Does anyone have a baby names book around that has the meaning of the name Gillian in it. I actually already know the meaning: "young" and "downy-haired." But I need a reference that I can respectably cite.

6 comments:

ET said...

I don't think we have a baby names book ... sorry.

Roy said...

You can try one of these.

Tanya said...

Thanks, Roy. I think I found one that will work. My word, what can't you do with Google!?

ET said...

So?

Tanya said...

Is that "So?" for me or for Roy? First I thought it was for me though I didn't understand why, but now I think it's for Roy about my Google question.

But just in case, here's what I found:
Gillian: soft-haired; youthful
Amanda Elizabeth Barden, "The Complete Reverse-Dictionary of Baby Names: Baby Names Made Easy" (New York: Fireside, 2009) 207.

ET said...

No, it was for you (Tanya). But, now you've done it.