My eighth published article recently came out (and third article out in 2014): "Joyce Carol Oates: Fantastic, New Gothic and Inner Realities." This article is based on the first conference paper I delivered after Maëva was born, in November 2011 in Angers. Angers is more than a five-hour train ride away and I was still nursing Maëva at the time, so I took the train up, delivered my paper, ate, slept for a few hours, then took a train back home. It was a very furtive conference appearance. Plus, I didn't think the paper was that good, so I didn't submit it for publication initially. Luckily, they took a LONG time getting the publication together, and contacted participants again last year for submissions, so I decided to send it in at that point. Thanks to some helpful reviewer suggestions, I completely revised the paper and what resulted is actually pretty decent, I think. The JSSE is a French journal that is published in English and is well-considered amongst my colleagues so I am happy to finally have an article appear in it (I've recently gotten confirmation that a second article of mine will be published in another JSSE volume, next year, I think). As always, if you're interested in reading it, I can send you my Word doc . . .
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!
If you send it, I'll look at it ... Probably. I might not understand much.
Post a Comment