Saturday, August 2. The hot, humid, miserable dog days of D.C. summer.
It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the heat has built to a peak, and we're riding our bikes on a 8 mile or so round trip to Bethesda. Are we insane? How can we stand the heat and dripping sweat?
I'll tell you how - the temperature is 76 degrees - it's an absolutely beautiful day in May. Except the calendar says August.
I've no idea what is going on, but I sure enjoyed the weekend.
Sunday, August 3, 2014
August in Silver Spring
Posted by
Galen Tromble
at
3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was an unseasonably cool and wet July in Oklahoma. Not too hot here to start August, either.
Eight miles round trip on bikes isn't exactly an ultra marathon. You could do it in some heat.
Congrats on getting outside and enjoying the weather. I wish I could safely ride bikes from the house.
Upper 80s here today. We tried to keep to the shade on our walk to the library.
Well, I'm impressed. 8 miles sounds like plenty to me, although what with Pam being a fitness queen and all perhaps it's normal!
Post a Comment