Background info: One of Maëva's Pinkalicious books is called Soccer Star. Pinkalicious scores the winning goal.
Towards the end of last week, Maëva started complaining that her blue orthodics were hurting her toes. She has had them for six months, so I figured she might need bigger shoes. Unfortunately, we didn't have any size 26 shoes, but we had some 27s that a friend had given us from her daughter. Maëva went to school Friday in the size 27 shoes and they worked out okay for one day even though they were clearly too big. Saturday afternoon, the girls and I went to Aubagne to find new shoes for Maëva. We went to a tiny shoe store called Marche pas pieds nus (Don't walk barefoot) that had just the right thing. Maëva feel in love with a pair of pink Geox velcro tennis shoes and walked out of the store with them. (And yes, we measured and her feet have grown, she now needs size 26.) She has decided that she is now the fastest around thanks to her shoes. Now, on our morning walk to school, she runs quite a bit and pretends that she is running to score a goal. She says that I can't score any goals because I don't have her fancy pink shoes. This morning she wanted me to try. I ran and pretended to kick and score. But we decided that I had missed. I'm just not as good as she is, you see. J-41s can't compare to pink Geoxes!
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
All in the Shoes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's all in the shoes .... clearly!
Post a Comment