Monday, April 6, 2015

Turbule ...

This story begins with a trip to the airport. Ok. Not really. Actually, the story began about a year ago. But, I don't have time for all those details. The truncated version begins with a trip to the airport. Actually, I could have started a little later, or earlier, but here I go.

I drove to the airport today for a trip to Denver. Things were going well. I was a little late leaving work, so I ate at the airport (lunch), after parking in the garage, checking in, and going through security.

I did a little work, then boarded the plane. I was in seat 3A, in first class on a turbo prop from OKC to Denver. Things were going well on the flight. I was getting some work done,  and I listened to some radio lab podcasts when I couldn't work.

Before I knew it, we were getting close. The flight attendent did jet thing and prepared for descent. But, she added there was some turbulence.

The turbulence was relatively minor, but was persistent enough to bed unsettling. After 20 minutes of the jostling, I started to feel like half-baked sourdough. Finally, I gave in and signaled to the flight attendent that I needed a bag. She quickly grabbed one and handed it to me. I opened it, and within moments I propelled a stream of effortless vomit into the receptacle. BULLSEYE!

I felt pretty green for a while after that, despite the pretzels and ginger ale I received post event. I walked slowly to baggage claim, retrieved my bag, then sat down to recover. Ugh ... conference call?  Really?

Conference call. Find Brandon. Rental car. Drive to Longmont. Tokyo Joe's with Shane Miles. Basketball game. Bed time.

P.S. I typed this on my phone ... forgive the typos.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

You've been nauseous for a year?

ET said...

What? Year?

Roy said...

You said the story began about a year ago.

ET said...

Oh, right. Yes. That's correct. I skipped forward a whole year.

ET said...

Last year, I went to Denver for some software training. I should have gone to additional training. I'm back in the area now for said training.