Wednesday, April 29th. Caroline's 40th birthday! The girls and I exchange messages with her after breakfast and then talked on the phone with her for awhile. There was supposed to be a big birthday bash for her at the old Cercle on Saturday. She's a little disappointed that won't be happening and is hoping to reschedule it for next year when her dad will be turning 70. Their birthdays are just a week apart.
The phone call to Maëva's marraine made Laureva want to call her godparents. We talked to Sophie on the phone for a few minutes and then Laureva left a voice mail message for Franck.
While I did the exercise bike, the girls played outside arranging our fairy garden and various other things. Laureva wanted to take photos of our fairy garden like Grandma had. I think I'll put them in their own post.
Maëva had a private videoconference tutorial with her teacher at ten o'clock to talk about some reading comprehension questions and a geometry assignment that she'd had some difficulty with. I was working at my computer as she was having her meeting on my little university laptop at the desk behind me. It seemed to go well. Once they'd finished going over school work, Maëva played one of her piano pieces for her teacher while I held the computer. Then, I chatted with her teacher for a few minutes. She said that there are ten kids in the class currently planning to go back on May 25th. The conditions are going to be a bit complicated. Students will have to remain seated all day with appropriate space between them. They'll even eat at their desks in their classrooms. Recess will be class by class with students not being able to mingle with each other. Doesn't sound very fun . . . After lunch, Franck returned Laureva's call. Before I passed the phone off to her, he told me that this morning he'd been on a faculty call. The protocol for his school sounds very similar to what Maëva's teacher described this morning. Loriane is going back to work next week so Franck will be watching Izia until he goes back to school, at which time his parents will probably take over babysitting.
I managed to finish my correcting of this week's translation assignment today and move on to various other work-related tasks.
This afternoon, Laureva called her friend Mathilde on WhatsApp while Maëva choreographed and practiced a bathroom challenge dance video for her dance teacher (see below). When Laureva finished her call, I filmed Maëva's dance to send to her teacher. After snack, we worked on the photobook project until Skype piano lesson time. The lessons seemed to have gone okay. We'll continue next week.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 45
WhatsApp chat with Serra in KC before dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dang, big events impacted by covid? That sucks.
What subject/level does Franck teach?
A bathroom challenge dance video sounds interesting.
What season of MMM are you watching?
I know, right, Ev?!
Franck teaches elementary school. I think he currently has 4th grade.
Maëva's dance video added to post.
We're in the middle of MMM Season 2. Just finished the Catskills episodes. Very fun.
Very graceful bath dance!
Nice job, Maëva! I also enjoyed the Laureva cameo.
Post a Comment