Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Utah Update - April 15

Day 6 of 100 pullups. Today wasn't harder or less hard than before. I finished in 23 minutes. My best is 22 minutes, but I'll take 23. I'm at that stage where I'm fatigued, and my muscles haven't fully adjusted to the volume. Hopefully, I'll bust this plateau soon. 


Schools are officially closed for the year. That's not a big surprise. So, the boys will continue weeks at Janice and Randy's and weekends with us for the time being. Lucas was bummed about not going back. I'm not sure about Andrew. 

Work continues. There's plenty of work for me to do. Other business lines may be impacted, as funding for transportation projects may slow due yo reductions in gas tax revenue and toll revenue. Water is fairly stable, although some of our clients have been experiencing reduced water sales due to reductions in certain industrial manufacturing. 

Wedding prep continues. My new suit arrived this week. Fortunately, it fits! Julie thinks I look fabulous in it, so that's a plus. We have a call with our planner this evening. No other news to report at this time.

The house build continues. I ran over there yesterday (8 miles) and met Julie to check on progress. We now have a basement foundation. Next step is framing, I believe. I'm not sure when that will start. As of yesterday, they hadn't delivered the lumber. They are finishing framing on a couple other houses, including a monster across the street. Maybe ours will be slotted in after. 



5 comments:

ET said...

Day 7 of pullups: 20 minutes

Yay! But, I feel like I want to puke.

It's snowing, but that will melt later when the sun comes out and the temps climb.

Roy said...

How are you getting to 100? Equal size sets, or as many as you can do before reading?

ET said...

Haphazardly!

Today, I did a four sets of 6, then transitioned to a mix of 5s and 4s.

I have been sticking with an every minute on the minute set up. I could do more reps in each set if I spaced them out, but I'm hoping to make gains with the every minute on the minute for now.

Roy said...

Makes sense with that many sets to have them ramp down a bit.

ET said...

I don't go to failure on the initial sets to preserve energy for the long haul.

Once I get to a more respectable number of reps per set, maybe 8 to 10, I may consider spacing out the sets to maintain a reasonable rest time.