Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Back in plaid

Tuesday I went to the Mariners game after work. I left the house Tuesday morning before eight for a dentist appointment, and didn't return until after eleven. The game was over just before ten, but not enough before for me to make the 10:06 bus home, and by that time of night they only run every half hour, even on game days.


I came home with a Mariners flannel, a plaid of teal and navy with a Mariners logo on the pocket. I like the color. After I put it on this morning, every member of my family seemed to ask, "What are you wearing?" It was probably only the older three, but it seemed like everyone. I used to wear a flannel as a sweater in my student years, until it developed holes, but I don't think they were in fashion on the east coast. At least, I never replaced it. But I saw at least three other people at curriculum night tonight dressed in plaid flannel of various colors, so it's still a thing here, if no longer all the rage.

Colin stayed home from school on Wednesday, evidently with the same ailment as Eric had, so I worked from home. I might have done so anyway, because Nicole started a three-day stint in Mr. Evans' math class at Hamilton, and wasn't going to be home when the boys got off school. Colin was feeling better before long, and his COVID test was negative, so I think he will go back to school tomorrow.

Lydia had frisbee practice after school, so Nicole and Rachel went to get a late second lunch while they waited. Then Nicole took Eric to soccer practice while I went to Colin's curriculum night. They were back in person even though I thought Zoom was a good model. I'm kind of surprised they didn't keep that as an option, since I think it made things easier for some families, but everyone seemed excited to be there. I think Colin will be in good hands for fourth grade. Different this year, they let the PTA president speak before sending us to classrooms, instead of the principal just encouraging everyone to donate to the PTA.

Dinner was late tonight because of the activities, and then several of us watched the USA basketball game against Serbia, the quarterfinal round of the elimination tournament. They won their 27th straight game at this tournament. They haven't lost since 2006.

Unrelated photos from today:




1 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Well, the photos all have cats.