Friday, September 16, 2022

Back

Lloyd came home Friday, but not until after dark, so there was a lot of activity before then. Nicole walked around the neighborhood asking for permission to search people's yards, but did not find him. I walked with Lydia to the bus and then back home to work in the basement, but I didn't see any cats, either.

Rachel went to find Lydia after school to see if she wanted to hang out and take the city bus home, but Lydia declined in order to ride home with her friends. Rachel walked all the way home because the bus was too full. Now she knows she can. After dinner, Rachel's friend came over to go to the football game together, and they talked Lydia into joining them.

Nicole and I walked around one more time and then shined a flashlight under the neighbor's stairs, but still no Lloyd. Then, we were watching our show in the basement, and I went upstairs to get Eric dessert when I saw movement in the alley, something gray and striped. It was a raccoon.

But a short time later, our motion lights on the opposite side of the house came on. We didn't see anything. It happened again a short time later. Nicole went out, maybe to make sure no raccoon was eating Lloyd's food, and she called me out because she heard meowing. We found Lloyd sitting on the path beside the house, and lured him back with food.

While waiting for Lloyd, the kittens fell asleep in my office still in the act of wrestling.

Update: I forgot to mention that Lydia's band teacher asked for volunteers today to switch to one of the less common instruments, including oboe, bassoon, and French horn. Lydia may become an oboist.

4 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Glad to hear he made it back OK. Hope he learned a lesson!

Tanya said...

What instrument would she switch from? I can't remember.

Roy said...

Lydia played flute in fifth grade.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lloyd returning safely. Hopefully he doesn't make a habit of escaping.

I chose chorus for my music credit when the band teacher asked if I'd switch from clarinet to string bass.