Saturday morning, Lydia's ultimate frisbee game was scheduled to overlap with Eric's soccer game. We did some thinking about how to handle it, and decided I would take Eric on the bike to SPU, while Nicole drove Lydia to Cleveland High School, much farther away. However, when the morning came, we got emails that both games were canceled due to air quality. The AQI was over 150.
We needn't have bothered fussing over Sunday's plans, either. Nicole scheduled time at the bowling alley, and arranged for some parents to drop Eric's friends off at our house to drive there. We meant to borrow a car from work, like we had done for Rachel's birthday party, but they were all already booked. We considered other options for extra capacity, then settled on half of us taking the bus. That turned out to be pretty painless. I rode with Colin, Rachel, and Rachel's friend. We left about twenty minutes before Nicole, and arrived at the bowling alley just as they were parking. It was about forty-five minutes in both directions.
I spent much longer than expected watching the Mariners game on Saturday. It went scoreless to the eighteenth inning before the Astros finally scored a run to sweep the series.
Rachel had her homecoming dance Saturday night. Here we are. I was dressed for watching the baseball game, I guess. I think it was about the fourteenth inning at the time.
Besides the birthday party Sunday, we had a pretty quiet day at home. It was around 80 degrees, probably for the last time, but still poor air quality.
Then, somehow the back door came open—it probably just wasn't latched all the way—and Nicole discovered that Lloyd was missing during reading time. A search ensued. We found him, but he didn't want to be caught. Finally, Nicole lured him close enough, and got him back inside. All is well, but bedtime is later than anticipated.

3 comments:
Looking good, you two.
That's a great pic of both of you. And happy Lloyd was recovered.
What a nice picture of the two of you!
Post a Comment