I don't remember what it was Friday morning that reminded me, but I had forgotten to mention the Nobel Prize in Literature in my Thursday post. It was awarded to Annie Ernaux, a French writer whose name I recognized because we studied one of her novellas, Une Femme, in my French literature class in college. At the time, I was probably suspicious of the choice because I had never heard of her before, but I guess this vindicates Madame West. Sometimes the literature professors know what's up, I guess.
I worked from home Friday after taking the boys to school. The girls went off together again, but Lydia came home alone by bus because Nicole took Rachel to a football game.
Colin and Eric came home after school, but left again to go to Ken's for some drinks and candy. Colin brought me a package of M&Ms—peanut butter.
I didn't have any meetings in the afternoon, so I could turn on the Mariners game in the background while I toiled away. They were victorious in their very first playoff game since 2001, the longest playoff drought in the four pro sports leagues. Too bad our actual drought is not also over yet.
Nicole and Rachel brought home Thai food for dinner, and Nicole brought lots of stories about school.
0 comments:
Post a Comment