Thursday, October 27, 2022

Scooped

Thursday morning I awoke having slept much better and feeling generally improved. Rachel also felt well enough to go to school. Nicole passed a COVID test.


She went back to the science class at Hamilton, and convinced the principal to move her to an empty classroom adjacent to other science classes. The mystery is why they chose another place to begin with.

I was home alone. After lunch I took a bicycle trip to the bookstore where there was a wrapped mystery book waiting for me. Thank you to those responsible. I have my suspicions. I also picked up the new David Quammen book about the pandemic. Perhaps its insights will find their way into the blog, once I've finished my current fiction.

Since the boys went straight to Spanish after school, I was home alone until about five. The girls came home bearing their brothers and churros. Nicole took Eric back to Spanish in search of some lost items, but I think they were closed.

I went to Coe for a bit with Lydia to practice frisbee with her new gloves, but it was treacherously windy, so we didn't stay very long. I made some pan de yuca to go with the gnocchi Nicole made for dinner while she and Rachel left again, one to attend a volleyball match, the other a PTSA meeting.

Our plastic ice cream scoop shattered during normal operation tonight, and scratched a gash in my opposite forearm. I'll spare you the photo. It's about three inches long. I put liquid bandage on it after cleaning it up, but then it bled more, leaving it even more gruesome.

3 comments:

Rone' said...

You can claim your arm is you Halloween costume.

Tanya said...

It's from me (unless someone else here also ordered you a bday book from QABC). I thought they'd put a tag on it. Glad you got it. Your card is on the way separately.

Roy said...

Thanks! I didn't see a tag, but maybe it's attributed somehow.