I see that some of you celebrated a day early, but here in White Salmon Thanksgiving is on Friday. We'll be going over to Rob and Erin's later this afternoon for dinner, bringing pie and stuffing and cranberry sauce with us.
Today, while adding some fresh water to one of the watering containers, the Andalusians decided my back looked like a good perch. Those familiar with the chicken saga know that they weren't a breed I picked out at first, but they have turned out to be the most personable and interesting of the chickens - first to fly, first to lay eggs, most adventurous in seeking out alternate egg laying locations, the friendliest (toward me at least), and too small to be a turkey substitute.
4 comments:
Laureva went back to school Friday.
I taught a class, then went to my office to work for a few hours before my 4pm meeting. I brought sweet potato bread to share with my colleagues. They seemed delighted. I got a nice surprise: Due to a mysterious budget snafu, I'm going to be paid more than expected for my Masters classes this year.
Yay for mysterious budget snafus that pay more! (Thought I'd better add the qualifier.)
That's fantastic! Anwyl says don't ask questions about the snafu.
Indeed. Qualifier necessary. Mysterious budget snafus are not usually welcome phenomena. Grateful for this 2022 Thanksgiving miracle!
Post a Comment