Friday was a ski day. Rachel, Colin, and Eric joined me. It was 15° at the base of the mountain when we arrived, about 10:30. It had warmed up to 25° when we were leaving in the late afternoon. Fortunately, we prepared for the cold, and no one suffered for it. Unfortunately, Rachel fell and hurt her shoulder on the first run after lunch. Hopefully, she'll feel better quickly.
I had meant to take our GoPro with us today, but I forgot it again. The only footage I got was of a weird tantrum that Eric had right before lunch. I don't know what triggered it, but all of a sudden he seemed to lose confidence and give up on trying to ski at all. I tried to help him at first, but eventually had to wait it out. I picked him up and carried him down to a sunny spot at one point, though.
3 comments:
Good times on the slopes! What do you do for lunch? French fries in the lodge like at Eaglecrest?
We got French fries this time, and augmented with some snacks from home. I could not bring myself to pay $17 for a burger. Sometimes we pack sandwiches.
Hope Rachel's shoulder is feeling better.
Post a Comment