Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Campus Closed

As we were getting ready to leave the house this morning, I noticed the university app's symbol on my phone notifications list. I clicked on it, somewhat uncharacteristically, and learned that campus is closed today and classes are canceled. Apparently, the main building has been commandeered by students protesting the pension reform measure who have blocked off all the entrances. Everyone was instructed to stay home.

I'm happy to have the day to get ahead with re-reviewing the Australian thesis on Oates. However, I'm slightly annoyed at the schedule change as students in my final class of the day were supposed to sit an exam.

Update, 8pm: Wow, was I productive today! I worked for ten hours on it and got 2/3 through the 186 paged dissertation. My progress is slowed down a bit by my efforts to compare the revised version to the original. Still no further word about the situation on campus, but I don't currently teach on Wednesdays, so there won't be any changes to the schedule for tomorrow.

0 comments: