Sunday was Guatemala day 1. We woke up a little after 3 a.m. and dropped Rachel off at the airport shortly after 4. The roads were very empty, but there was still a lot of traffic at departures.
Last we heard, the students had arrived in Guatemala after a layover in Houston, and were on their way to their destination by bus. Nicole is the top of one of the calling trees, so she was relaying some info this evening. Students didn't get to take phones along, so all the communication is running through Global Visionaries.
The rest of us had a pretty mellow day at home. Nicole and I walked to Ken's in the rain to get some things for dinner and dessert, but otherwise we stayed in. I read a lot and managed to avoid falling asleep.
3 comments:
We did some stuff. I almost got caught up on laundry. I vacuumed a lot of dog and cat hair. I ran the aussies. I did a work thing. Oh well ... it was busy, even if it wasn't particularly noteworthy.
I'm in Houston through the weekend. Then back to DFW area for at least a little bit. Not sure how long.
The device free experience (withdrawal) may be the most memorable thing about the trip.
Post a Comment