This morning, Andrew and I went up Mount Scott, which is down in SW OK near Lawton. We went down there with Nathan from work. Nathan is the co-worker who has been working out with Andrew and me the most this summer.
The trail is the paved road up the mountain. On weekends, it is reserved for "hikers" until noon. It is about 2.8 miles long, and my Garmin watch says there is just under 1,000 ft of elevation gain along the route. So, based on those metrics, the average grade is about 6.7%.
We all made it up to the top. I "ran" it; I didn't record my time, but based on looking at my metrics from the run it was about 28 minutes to get to the top. Andrew stayed with me at the start, but dropped off after about a mile. I came back down after reaching the top and ran into him about 0.4 mi into my descent. He estimated his time to the top at about 36 minutes, which makes sense.
I found Nathan about a mile back down, checked in with him, then turned around for another ascent. I passed Andrew on my way back up (he was headed down from the top). I made the top, turned around, and headed back to find them, which I did about 3/8 mi back down. We walked up to the top together, took some pictures, looked around, and headed back down.


1 comments:
Almost looks as if you were skydiving in that first pic!
Post a Comment