Friday, December 22, 2023
Well, probably no one else is going to do it...
...so I guess I will make my own report on how I grew up this year. As last measured, I am still 5'8", probably due to yoga, swimming, and the ministrations of my physical therapist Valerie. Trying to hold my own as the photographic evidence is that I will soon be the shortest one in our family. My first birthday gift today was that the aliens returned my glasses from wherever they have been hiding them. For the past two weeks I've been getting along with prescription sunglasses but this morning, there were the glasses, on the ledge in the bathroom where I had looked for them several times. Hootsie has been frisking around after we changed him to a kidney-friendly diet, and the ex-girlfriend of our friend may adopt Bob, so things are looking up on the cat front. We are committed to giving Bob a future, but if another good home works out it would be a relief as I was preparing for a couple of months of cat world war. The SFAI bankruptcy settlement seems likely to be settled soon with the possibility of an art center, not an accredited school, going into the site, which seems like a good outcome considering. Anwyl is doing well and I am fully launched into my post-SFAI life as full-time artist/writer, with exhibition/performance/writing deadlines staggered throughout 2024. It is amazing to have arrived at this point and I hope to fully appreciate it as it happens, and not get too bothered about the inevitable pressures. Here is a link to the 20m artist-lecture-performance I did at a small theater here in November: https://vimeo.com/895369875/e64262630c?share=copy Since Tanya mentioned not having a recent pic, here is one from right now... I very much enjoy the family calls, blog, and whenever we have a chance to get together in person. So grateful for this wonderful family and to Mom and Dad for getting it all going.
Posted by
mt San Francisco
at
10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What was the context for your lecture-performance?
Looking forward to hearing about your 2024 adventures.
Post a Comment