Tuesday, August 19, 2025

Crazy Start to the School Year

My school started Monday Aug. 18th. On the first day of school my bus driver is about 25 minutes late and I was kind of worried because my bus driver from last year was always with 5 minutes of the normal time. So fast forward to when I get picked up and it is the weird guy that I don't know, I go to sit next to my friends and they are telling me about how this guy has gotten lost multiple times and has even gone through like parking lots and stuff. I make it to class with like 30 seconds to spare.

     On the way home some of the kids sitting in the front are giving him instructions on where to go. So I get home probably like 30 minutes late and am thinking, " Okay hopefully this guy is just a substitute bus driver and we will have the old back tomorrow " oh boy was I wrong.

     Fast forward to the morning of the 19th and I am at the bus stop on time so about 7:30 a.m. This 7th grader I don't know the name of and I are just standing at the bus stop and it is like 8:10, so I text my friend and say, " Have you been picked up " and he says, " yeah, I'm at school where are you?" And I ask, " did he forget our stop?" And he says, " i think so." So then I walk home while calling my mom and asking her to leave work and come home and take me to school. Turns out the school had been having a problem with busses but they can't do anything because they are now run by UDOT ( utah department of transportation).

By Lucas

4 comments:

ET said...

Sounds like a great start to the school year!!!

What's your first class?

Lucas.T said...

I missed part of honors us history. If that is what you are asking.

Lucas.T said...

Made it to school today but the bus driver only picked up 2 of 4 stops including missing mine but I went to a different stop.

Galen Tromble said...

Wow. I'm sorry you're having to deal with an incompetent bus driver.