The French have a funny saying: à la One Again (which they pronounce wunugin). I think this is terribly funny because it's two English words. Unfortunately I haven't really figured out what it means or when you actually use it and nobody I've asked has been able to effectively explain it to me. It's just a language tick, I guess.
Now, to what I'm reading. I've moved on. Now I've got two books in the works. When I'm feeling alert, I read Oates's "The Falls" because my brain needs to be functioning enough to realize when something important comes along that might eventually interest me in my research. When I'm feeling not so alert, which is a lot of the time, especially in the evening and when I first wake up in the morning, I'm reading a French Agatha Christie translation of "Curtain: Poirot's last case". Good brainless entertainment!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Local Sayings
Posted by
Tanya
at
11:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment