Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'd rather have Texas blow

The high around here was in the 70's today. There was a nice south wind and it was actually a little warm on our dog walk today. However, I noticed on the drive to the city that the wind had shifted and was from the north. Uh oh. Kansas was starting to blow. By the time we got to Bricktown, it was actually quite cold (probably in the high 30's). And, when we got done with our meeting with Christine, it was even colder (and the wind chill was quite nippy). After dinner at What-a-burger (so Tanya could try the What-a-catch), it was even colder. Currently, it's 25 with 24 mph winds gusting to 35 and a windchill in the single digits. Winter is coming to central Oklahoma. Yippee!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

I enjoyed my Whataburger whatacatch. However, I remembered that the best (this is all relative, of course, it remains fast food) fish sandwich I'd ever had at a fast food chain was at a Carl's Jr. in San Francisco. It so happens that there's a Carl's Jr. here in Norman so Evan and I went there for lunch yesterday. My memory had not deceived me, still the best fast food fish sandwich (the fish is not a flat square breaded patty like most but is an actual battered and fried piece of fish and in addition to lettuce and tartar sauce, they also put a slice of tomato on it!).