Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Throw 'em Outside

As I was walking to my car in the sub-0 (celsius) temperatures after working out with Danny, I saw a kid (middle school age?) in a t-shirt and boxers on his front step trying to get inside (for obvious reasons). I have encountered this kid previously, with the most interesting instance being when I was walking to the gym when he was outside with a water hose. For some reason, he thought it would be a good idea to try to spray me with it. I was not very excited about that and told him off. However, in the process, I realized that he had some sort of mental impairment. So ... that's the background.

I had no idea why he was standing outside without a normal amount of clothes on, but he meagerly said something that sounded suspiciously like "Help me, help me." so I asked him for his phone number so I could call inside for someone to open the door. For whatever reason, he was unable to communicate that information. However, when I asked him how he got outside, he responded that his mother had thrown him out and locked the door. At that point, I realized that this kid wasn't outside on accident ... so I retreated to my car. And, by the time I drove around to see the house numbers in case I needed to call someone more qualified than myself for dealing with such issues, the kid was gone (presumably inside, although he may have just vanished into thin air ... although that would be more likely in Denver). And ... that's the end of the story.

Get it ... thin air ... Denver ... Denver has thin air! Ha ha ha ha ha.

1 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

I am proud of you for noticing what was going on and taking the time to see if he might need help. I can't REALLY say I'm proud of you for making that joke, but hey, nobody's perfect.