Friday, February 4, 2011

Minnesota?

We stopped at Target on our way to Qdoba tonight. We went to Qdoba because they were offering buy one get one free because it was snowing. We stopped at Target because we needed pretzel goldfish, among other things.

Target was a mess. I'm not sure why. Maybe people figured they'd stop there while they were out. But, lots of people had kids, so they probably weren't coming straight from work. So, I'm not totally sure what the reason for the craziness was.

But, the real craziness started when we left Target and headed to the car. We noticed that lots of people were pulling up right in front to load their cars on our way in, but didn't know why until we left. I, erroneously, thought all the patrons were afraid of the elements.

Nope ... it was the stupid Target people. We were told that we needed to leave our cart and go get our car. I told the "attendant" that I would just wheel it out to the car. I was told that wasn't acceptable ... it was a safety hazard! WTF? Are you kidding me? What do people do in Minnesota? Isn't Target a Minnesota company? What do people do at Target in Colorado? Safety hazard? I'll show you a safety hazard!

If we had been informed of this "policy" before we checked out, I would have abandoned the cart and left the store. But, we'd already paid. Ugh! I was not going to go get the car. That's stupid. All the cars were a cluster! The safety hazard was all the cars pulling up to be loaded right in front of the store! So, I grabbed all the stuff and hauled it, sans cart, to the car. Have your cart!

Much to my chagrin, I noticed a few carts in the cart return place near the car. What? Carts! Safety hazard! At this point, I was confused. If carts aren't allowed into the parking lot, how are there carts in the parking lot? I soon got my answer.

Only one of the doors had an attendant. At the entrance/exit near the electronics (the southern exit), there was an attendant. But, at the exit to the north, no one was keeping carts out of the parking lot. Carts were entering the parking lot. Ahhhh!

It's not the carts, it's the idiots pushing the carts. A lady, who probably should have just stayed home, got her cart stuck in a fairly insignificant amount of snow/ice/slush. She abandoned pushing it and started pulling it ... with minimal improvement in results. However, during the pulling process, she knocked something out of the cart. I'm not sure how long it took her to get to her car because I went around her ASAP!

Carts don't roll that well in snow/slush/ice, but ... safety hazard? People don't put there carts away when it's sunny. People don't put them away when it's rainy. Maybe people won't put them away when it's snowy. But, safety hazard? How so? If you can't control your car so you don't hit the carts, you shouldn't be driving!

3 comments:

Rone' said...

We discovered why everyone was at Target. Walmart was OUT OF EVERYTHING! I've never seen shelves so empty, and they weren't that way this morning when I stopped for a couple of things.

Galen Tromble said...

Rant Alert!

ET said...

Inane policy alert!