It was a wonderful weather day in central OK today: sunny with a high around 80 degrees. So, when I got home, I changed into shorts, put on my barefoot shoes and took the dogs outside. And, we went jogging. We only did about 1.5 laps because the dogs were dragging tail a bit. It was my first real jogging experience in the new shoes. It's a little bit different, but wasn't problematic for me at all. I'm planning to start jogging more consistently next week, so they'll get more wear then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I went about two miles today in my five fingers. Disappointment reigned. There wasn't a good place to run. The sidewalks are covered in sand/gravel from trying to keep people from killing themselves during the bouts of winter weather. The sand on the roads got plowed onto the sidewalks with the snow. I'm guessing the remnants on the road have been kicked off to the side by the cars. So, the road is nice and clear (and good for running). But, there are cars on the road. So, I'd run on the road, jump to the sidewalk to avoid getting killed, then wait for my next opportunity to stride on the road. Ughh ... fortunately, I don't have that problem running around the neighborhood ... I'll probably just run in circles for the foreseeable future.
My ankle held up pretty well. I think I can feel the effects of the activity a little bit, but things seem to be headed in the right direction. Also, my right foot started to "hurt" a little bit while I was running. I think it's just a matter of my feet getting used to running in the barefoot shoes ... well, heck, my feet need to get used to running, especially in the barefoot shoes. Other than the gravel, day two was pretty good. So, if you are planning to run on gravel-covered roads/paths, I wouldn't recommend five fingers shoes. They might be ok, I just don't like the feeling ... although, I'm not sure I like running on gravel-covered concrete in any shoes.
Post a Comment