Sunday, February 6, 2011

Workout Warrior

My ankle is doing a lot better. In fact, I can jump without pain on take-off or landing. Of course, I haven't tried jumping just off my left foot or tried to jump as high as I can. But, I can jump. It's still not 100%, but it's getting close. Phew ... took long enough.

So, yesterday, I showed Jenn that I can jump again. She didn't seem all that impressed, but Andrew quickly caught on. When we asked him if he wanted to go to Sam's to get pizza for lunch, he started jumping up and down. He was able to get both feet off the ground simultaneously ... an actual jump.

Today, Andrew was watching me do squats. After I'd finished, we were playing in the living room, and we did some squats. I'd say "Squat down" and he'd squat down and wait there. Then, when I said "stand up", up he came. I got tired of the game before he did.

Also, while I was working out, Andrew infiltrated the workout room and wanted to do some pull-ups. Usually, I hold onto him while he holds the bar and move him up and down. But, today, just for kicks, I let go while he was holding onto the bar. Don't worry, my hands were cm's from the kid, in case I needed to grab him. But, there he was, hanging from the pull-up bar, all by himself, like the crazy little man he is. He did it a couple times before moving on to horsing around with some of the other equipment.

0 comments: