In France, getting a doctorate does not automatically qualify you to teach at the university. In order to apply for senior lecturer positions, you must first be granted the qualification by the National Council of Universities. You send in your dissertation, the examining committee's report, copies of your publications and a very detailed resumé and two members of the Council decide whether or not you are "qualified." My results were posted yesterday - Happy Valentine's Day from the CNU! - and I have been deemed worthy. Now starts the job hunting ... Luckily everything is centralized through the government's website, so all I have to do is sign up for email notifications and they'll let me know whenever something that interests me becomes available. First up, applying for a position in Toulon. It's more of a history/cultural studies profile so I don't really expect to be offered the job, but it won't hurt to apply.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job, Doctor Tanya. There was never any doubt in my mind that you were qualified. I may, however, be just a wee bit prejudiced.
Congratulations again!!
Wheeee-haaaa.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment