Friday, April 4, 2014

Book Overload

I don't usually read more than one book at a time. Pleasure books, that is. I may be reading several academic volumes at once, or an academic volume and a novel, for example, but I've generally prefered to devote my free time to one "fun" book at a time. However, I've exploded this trend lately. I've currently got 4 leisure reads going at once! Bill Bryson's book on Australia is upstairs on the coffee table. Sophie's Key, a historical novel about the deportation of Jews from Paris in WWII, downstairs in the office area. And David Sedaris' Naked and Wiley Cash's novel A Land More Kind Than Home on the nightstand in the bedroom. This seems to have gotten a little out-of-hand. Needless to say, I'm making slow progress on all fronts as I just read whichever volume is closest whenever I have time to read. Not sure whether or not I'll continue this approach to reading, although I must say it is quite convenient to not have to carry just one book all over the house with me and go fetch it upstairs when I'm downstairs and vice versa.

3 comments:

Rone' said...

I read Sophie's Key.

Rone' said...

I noticed a new Bill Bryson book on display at the library yesterday when I dropped something off, but I can't remember the title.

Tanya said...

It's actually "Sarah's Key."