I must be a stereotypical feeder female. I enjoy passing on cheer through baked goods. But this beginning of June might be pushing it to the extreme! You be the judge. It all started Wednesday the first. I decided to make a carrot cake (1) for the PTA meeting. The next day, I made a batch of choc-oat-chip cookies (I'm counting that as 1 cake, so that's #2) to share with friends as a Friday-after-school snack and to take to a Friday evening dinner party. Saturday morning, I made a banana cake with blue butter cream frosting (3) and a chocolate zucchini cake with nutella frosting (4) for Vincent's 50th birthday bash that afternoon. Laureva enjoyed the banana cake and requested more, so Sunday afternoon I made a "blue" banana cake by adding teal food gel (5). Today is Marie-Elisabeth's birthday, so last night, I made her favorite cheesecake (6). Today is also one of my students' birthdays and there is class tonight, so this afternoon I made another chocolate zucchini cake with nutella frosting (7) to share with my students. Another one's birthday is tomorrow, so it'll be for both of them. Laureva's birthday is Thursday, so tomorrow I'll be making a batch of rainbow cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (8). Then there's another cake (9), flavor to be determined, for the PTA picnic Friday evening, a gluten free cake (10) for a friend's surprise birthday party Saturday evening, and a two-layer chocolate heart cake with blue butter cream frosting (11) for Laureva's birthday party on Sunday afternoon! Seven down, four to go. I think I can, I think I can . . .
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Heroic!
For years, I made cheesecake with various types of French dairy products, always trying to find the perfect match. Recently, Philadelphia cream cheese has become available here. Marie-Elisabeth's cake yesterday was made with Philadelphia. The proof is in the cheesecake: it really is better with real American cream cheese!
You can bake cakes (or whatever) at my house. I won't mind a bit.
That is impressive! Don't burn yourself out...or is it already too late?
Whew! That was exhausting just to read.
Post a Comment