Sunday, September 25, 2016

Back To School

Monday morning, in a space of minutes I went from a relaxed state of "Yeah, I'm gonna take the Agrégation this year, I better get going on looking into it and getting organized" to a panicked state of "Holy ****! The classes start tomorrow morning and they're 8am to 5pm Tuesdays to Fridays and I haven't done any of the required reading yet!" (The Agrégation is a competitive teaching exam.) This week was quite brutal. Getting up an hour earlier than usual for a full day of classes and then studying late some nights after the girls were in bed. After the 18th of November, I'll only have three days of class per week until the end of January. The first portion of the exam is at the beginning of March. So I probably won't be blogging as much as usual in the near future.

9 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Wow! That sounds intense.

ET said...

Competitive teaching exam for what?

Who's going to pick up Tanya's slack?

Tanya said...

Getting a teaching job.

Sylvain and grandparents.

Roy said...

I interpreted Evan's "Who's going to pick up Tanya's slack?" as a response to "So I probably won't be blogging as much as usual in the near future."

I'm definitely going to pick up my posting pace. It's pretty dismal at the moment. Three posts in September so far, and three in August.

ET said...

What kind of teaching job?

Roy interpreted correctly, although it's good to know the girls will be ok through this, as well.

mt San Francisco said...

Looking forward to more Seattle posts! Grateful to everyone for all their posts...I may not post much but I frequently read Grandpa Gene little bits on the phone -- it's hard to find new subjects of conversation that he can connect with but he always says yes to the blog.

ET said...

I'm looking forward to a bevy of posts from Roy, too.

Roy said...

Me, too.

Tanya said...

Thanks, Roy! I appreciate your help!!