Monday, June 26, 2017

School's out

Monday was the last day of school for Seattle Public Schools. A snow day pushed it forward from Friday. Colin, Eric, and I walked Rachel, Lydia, and Dorothy to school this morning, and snapped a photo before they dispersed to their classrooms one last time. Report cards came home this afternoon, and you'll be pleased to learn that Rachel and Lydia are both doing well.

Rachel's teacher, Ms. McDonald, wrote, "Teaching Rachel this year has been a delight & I will miss her greatly." Lydia's teacher, Ms. Gardner, wrote, "This year, Lydia has made many friends, been consistently kind and respectful, and come to school each day excited to learn. It has been a pleasure being her kindergarten teacher."

Colin had his last day of pre-school on Friday. His class did a song and dance show for us.

Summer awaits. We are short on plans and long on time, so who knows what adventures will come our way.

6 comments:

ket said...

Pleased - yes. Surprised - no.

Tanya said...

Good job, everyone!
Looking forward to hearing about summer adventures.

mt San Francisco said...

Good going Rachel, Lydia, and Colin!

Galen Tromble said...

Congratulations on a successful year and I hope you have a fun summer.

Rachel said...

My haircut makes me look taller. I never noticed that until now.

Meredith Tromble said...

I think you look taller because you ARE taller.