Friday, June 16, 2017

Swimming Season

Sylvain was giving a math lesson yesterday evening, so after Grandpa's birthday hangout, I decided to take one for the team and take the girls swimming myself. I'm not a big pool person, it was my first dip of the year. I put on my new Mother's Day bikini, we all lathered up in sunscreen and hit the pool. The girls had a great time sliding down the pool and jumping off the deck. Maëva was excited, because she finally managed to dive for her squidivers again. She was great at it last summer, but hadn't managed to get her technique back yet this year. We stayed out for about forty-five minutes, I think. I had to make Maëva stop diving, because once she figured it out, she just wanted to keep going and going.
This morning, on the way to school, Maëva said that she wanted to go back to the ranch again this summer. When I asked her why, she said she wanted to go swimming in the pool. When I pointed out that we don't need to be at the ranch to swim in a pool, she said that it was because she wanted to go swimming with Grandpa again so that he could throw her up in the air. I said he could do that with her in our pool when he comes to visit. So get ready, Dad!

7 comments:

ET said...

I'm offended.

mt San Francisco said...

Was it you who did the throwing in the air? I suppose best of all would be if the both of you were there to toss her back and forth...

Galen Tromble said...

I think I was the first thrower. But perhaps Evan is better at it. Especially as the throwee is no doubt bigger than last year.

ET said...

I assume there will come a time when I will be a more effective thrower than you.

Roy said...

I also did some Maëva-throwing, but I think I was given clear instructions to make it just like Grandpa's throws. We probably won't play in the pool in November.

Galen Tromble said...

I guess I better start practicing !

Tanya said...

Yes, Dad was first because we got there a day early. Then when Uncles Roy and Evan showed up, they got recruited as Maëva tossers as well. I think she was happy with the skills of all three.