House rule: pacifiers and stuffies are not allowed in the bathroom. They must be left in the hallway outside.
This morning, I must have been distracted with Maëva being sick (sore throat and fever) and didn't notice Laureva taking her pacifier with her into the bathroom. She was holding it in her left hand and holding onto the toilet with her hands. She went number 1, then as I was about to wipe her, she lifted up her hands and her pacifier fell into the toilet. I fished it out with a chopstick and then put it in the dishwasher. I explained to her that it needed to be sterilized so it wouldn't have germs on it, so she wouldn't have it for awhile. The dishwasher had just been emptied, so I wasn't going to run it again right away just to sterilize a pacifier.
After awhile, the cleaning lady arrived, the girls went next door and I left to go grocery shopping. When I got back from the store, the girls were at our house with the cleaning lady (Marie-Elisabeth had been called away on an urgent errand. As Maëva was sick, the cleaning lady agreed to watch the girls for a few minutes.) Laureva had her pacifier in her mouth. Hmmm. "Arlette, did you wash Laureva's pacifier with soap?" I asked. She looked at me strangely and said she had just rinsed it in hot water. When I told her what had happened, she was very apologetic. Turns out Laureva had taken advantage of having someone around that didn't know the score. She asked Arlette for her pacifier and told her where it was. Not knowing the whole story, Arlette took it out of the dishwasher, rinsed it off and gave it to her. I guess Laureva literally now has potty mouth!
Maëva saw the doctor yesterday evening. She has strep. After her first dose of antibiotics last night, she was already feeling much better this morning and seems to be fever free.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
The Pacifier Problem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oiy. We have a no stuffies in the bathroom policy, as well. Pacifiers were never an issue.
She's just building up her immunity ... that's it.
Arlette has my sympathy. I think I had the same magic worked on me.
OK, you win! (Weird post contest)
Yeah for me! Dad, you've been warned about Laureva. Don't let her trick you while you're visiting!
Post a Comment