Tuesday, November 3rd. L2D5. Election Day.
Last night, I charged Ellie Bluebell with the new Green'Up outlet for the first time. I was expecting to charge 30% in eight hours. However, when I went out to unplug this morning, it was up to 100% from 60.
On the way to school this morning, we ran into a PTA mom who is a local outpatient home nurse. She said that whereas she and her two partners had not had any Covid patients this spring, it is no longer possible to avoid them and they currently have quite a few on their rounds.
The City responded to my cafeteria message saying that given the circumstances, they would only charge us for the first week of November and not the whole month. I sent back an appreciative email.
The cleaning lady came this morning as usual. She's not supposed to, but I said she could come. Not working puts quite a financial strain on her household and I think there's little risk. She wears a mask and gloves and opens windows and doors for ventilation. I took the added precaution of wearing a mask the whole time she was here.
After a morning of preparing translation classes, I went out at 11am to drop off the Queen Anne box at the post office, get flu shots at the pharmacy and pick up our grocery order. At the pharmacy, they were out of flu shots. They added our request for four to a waiting list that's already five pages long and they don't even know if they'll ever get any more. This situation is scandalous. We're going to start taking the homeopathy regimen again as there's no guarantee we'll get flu shots this year. At the grocery store, they told me that eight items on our order were out of stock. However, when I got home and unpacked, I discovered that four of them had actually been included, but not charged. So we inadvertently made out with about eight euros in free groceries.
Sylvain has received his modified teaching schedule. Instead of five hours on Fridays, he'll only have two: 9-10am and then 4-5pm. He'll come home in between.
Michèle Négrel sent a message early afternoon that she couldn't do yoga today because she and her husband are both positive for Covid. Michel is symptomless so far, but Michèle is experiencing some fatigue. At yoga, Jenny reported that her husband has tested positive. However, he's been a-symptomatic for over a week since exposure.
When I picked up Laureva, I noticed that Mathilde wasn't there. Laureva said she had left mid-day, sometime over the lunch break. I imagine that probably has something to do with her next-door grandparents both testing positive.
7 comments:
Thanks for the box! Is it for Christmas?
I've been expecting a light flu year, given all the COVID precautions, but we don't seem to be doing that well at containing the latter, so maybe flu won't be a non-issue after all. Fingers crossed that you can get your vaccines.
Stay safe!
We got our flu shots last week -- our provider has set up a drop-in drive-through clinic so it was a piece of cake. Wish we could run you and your family over there, Tanya!
Are you talking about the piece of cake with crying children and holding one down?
We got ours a while back. I should have included some in the Christmas box!!!
I don't know why anyone would want to run Tanya or her family over. That seems harsh!
Yes, and some birthdays.
Thanks for having my back, bro!
Post a Comment