Friday, November 6, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 237

 Friday, November 6th. L2D8.

I spent most of my day preparing for tomorrow morning's class with my distance learning translation students. Once per semester I have an actual live session with them and it's scheduled for tomorrow at 10am. I also baked a loaf of bread and graded a few midterms.

Laureva asked to take a piece of carrot cake to school today for her teacher. Her teacher was reportedly happy and even knew that it was called "carrot cake" in English. Laureva was impressed.

Maeva came home this afternoon excited about the possibility of baking something Indian to share with her classmates during her presentation on Monday. Apparently, this is a sort of tradition. Really, teacher?! A little advance warning would have been nice. . . We found a recipe for stuffed naan balls which seems doable and easy to hand out. I guess that will be our Sunday project. I objected to Maeva at one point that I didn't think it wise to hand out edibles which would require the removal of masks. She said the teacher has a plan for students to do their tastings one by one and remove themselves to a "secure" area to do so.

Sylvain arrived home this evening after his second hour of class complaining he felt like he'd spent more time in the car today than actually teaching. He at least spent the exact same amount what with going back and forth.

We were happy to hear the news out of Pennsylvania and Georgia today. The girls are impatient for a winner to be announced. I expected the process to be a long one and just want everything to turn out well in the end.

The rest of Jenny's family got their test results today. She and Rosie tested negative. Ben and Olivier tested positive. However, the samples were taken Monday. They could all be positive by now . . . Though none of them are symptomatic.

The French government has a new "Tous Anti Covid" app that includes quite a few statistics. The one I remember from today is that R here is currently at 1.1. The seven-day moving average is higher than ever at 45,500+.

Sylvain is watching OM tonight, so I read some Pride and Prejudice and some Pygmalion in addition to writing this post.

0 comments: