I got stuck at school longer than I'd planned on being here, so I decided to go to Moe's for lunch . . . it's a new "Southwestern Grill" place a block from my building. Well, it looked promising on arrival . . . but they were very slow, and there wasn't a long line . . . definitely not a well oiled machine. But, I made it through . . . however, I was unimpressed by the food (though it wasn't bad . . . just no Chipotle). It reminded me more of Baja Fresh . . . although they do have really good tortilla chips at Moe's. So . . . on the way back, I got to thinking of all the places similar to Chipotle that just aren't as good, so I figured I'd compile a list:
1. Chipotle
2. Qdoba
-then, there is a substantial drop-off
3. That Place in Dillon, CO
4. Taco Cabana
5. Baja Fresh
6. Moe's
7. That place we went in Redmond
Still to be evaluated: Illegal Pete's, Free Bird, etc.
Anyway, just thought I'd share.
The squat rack is now fully assembled . . . would have been easier if we'd had an adjustable wrench of ratchet, instead of just adjustable pliers, but, oh well.
-Et
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Chipotle Remains #1 in this Week's Rankings
Posted by
ET
at
10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Now I know what to get you!
No fair, I had the same idea!
Yeah, I meant "or ratchet," not "of ratchet." Glad to be producing ideas. I'll try to think of some more . . . if I start now, I might have enough for a worthwhile b-day list.
I might be willing to trade the ratchet idea. How much is it worth to ya?
I think my fajitas should be on that list somewhere. I made some this weekend and they were pretty darn good!
When you open a restaurant that's semi-fast food mexican, you can be on the list. Mine are pretty good too . . . not close to Chipotle, but better than others on the list. But, I don't have a restaurant . . . thus, I'm not on the list.
Post a Comment