I've been wanting to write lately, but, it being the short dark days of winter in Baltimore, there haven't been any interesting events, particularly, nor any photos. I think there are some incremental effects going on, too. Not writing on the blog, I'm warning you, is a lot like a comb-over. Let's try to avoid that at all costs. We don't want to end up like this.
In the very first post to this fine blog, I warned that I might resort to "thoughts" here. Aside from election time, there hasn't been very much of it, I submit. So perhaps you can just look the other way for a while.
During my second two years as an undergrad, I spent a lot of time writing in journals. It has slowed down a lot since then, though. I tried to move from paper to an electronic form, even went to the trouble of implementing a journal mode in Emacs to overcome the overhead of finding the right file to put my thoughts in. But, I think it may actually have been the overhead of careful penmanship that kept me writing. I did it to spend time. Journal writing is a little funny, because the audience is unclear. Reading over past entries, I see that I largely assumed that it was me, and that I would remember a lot of things that I apparently haven't.
Writing on the blog is different. Regardless of who actually reads it, I have this set of people in mind, and I try my best to fill in the appropriate details. If I additionally tried to adjust the topic of writing, perhaps that would be better. But that won't stop me now.
A while back, I wrote about the books I had been reading since my birthday. Well, the heavy reading has continued. But I have shifted gears a little bit. I decided I wanted to read more non-fiction. Unfortunately, the list has grown too long to describe in detail, because of these incremental effects. I'm sure a series of nine more book reports would thrill the audience, but it would take too much space.
Instead, I'll stop here. But I would like to point out that although there is very little real content in this post, I nonetheless spent a great deal of time thinking about it.
Friday, February 4, 2005
Pesky Thoughts
Posted by
Roy
at
3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gene Keady is a classic . . . too bad you got one from the beginning of the game, when his combover is still in tact . . . by the end of most games, it's been thinned out and you can see how horrible it actually is!
Lots of words with very little content. I had a flashback to my day spent at the university yesterday!
Post a Comment