Saturday, February 19, 2005

In keeping with this week's motif

I've added the promised "Theme Ideas" link. You'll find it over in the sidebar somewhere. If you look at the page, you'll see some ideas attributed to me. So I'd better officially suggest them.

Pictures of sunsets was actually something Nicole proposed, but I hinted at it in my original theme week announcement, so I stole it for my section. My other photographic idea is a view from a window somewhere. Home or work, or, I guess, maybe even your car. My office doesn't have any windows, so that one's out for me. I also thought of goals for the year and thoughts about some current event.

Further, I had the notion that it might be fun to require a particular style, rather than content. This led to jokes, poems, and short stories. For example, I thought rhyming couplet week might be fun.

3 comments:

Roy said...

Oops! I forgot to mention that I included several, but not all, of Evan's stated ideas. Some of them seemed infeasible. I'm not totally opposed to "Whadya bench?" week, but I suspected participation might be low. "Does it flush?" week might also be fun, but since we live in an apartment, we probably couldn't participate. If anyone feels slighted, I can adjust the list accordingly.

ET said...

Participation would only be low for "whadya bench?" if people don't get into the theme . . . try something new . . . etc. If you live in an apartment, you better make sure that it flushes . . . or at least doesn't cause major problems, but there are things that you could try. Oh well.

Tanya said...

Whadya bench week is fine with me if it's really important to you. I've got two pretty long benches, I bet I could get a lot of stuff piled on them!