As I write, King is curled up on my lap. He and Sheba are not exactly best buddies yet, but he's trying. I watched the other day as, while she was asleep on the bed & he was curled up not too far away, he carefully scooched his butt over until it was touching hers and lapped a hind leg over one of hers. This lasted for a few minutes until she woke up and realized he was touching her, when she removed herself a little further away. He is indeed a nice kitty and has had the good sense to focus his seductive powers on Anwyl, who he seems to like particularly well. It's not quite utopia as he may have a hard-to-treat fungal infection from his years of hard-living -- we're waiting to hear back from the vet & the culture apparently can take up to three weeks to diagnose. But he's a special guy & we'll try to get him well.
Last night I did an "onstage conversation" at the contemporary art center in downtown SF with the new Dean of my school, SFAI. He's a Nigerian-born curator named Okwui Enwezor, world famous in the art world for pulling together a big international show that included artists from New Delhi, the Caribbean, Africa, etc. instead of the usual American/European suspects. It was widely considered a coup for SFAI to get him. As a public event, it seemed to go pretty well, and it's a relief to have accomplished it as I started working on in way last March.
Just saw "Serenity" this afternoon -- now I'm interested in seeing "Firefly" the TV series that it follows up. Sci-fi, Star Trek with a more contemporary edge. Could have had fewer exploding ships for my taste, but A friend who has the series on DVD says he'll pass it on soon. Anyone else out there been bitten by the Firefly?
Friday, September 30, 2005
Follow-up on kitties
Posted by
mt San Francisco
at
9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
P.S. I got a digital camera but haven't yet learned how to hook it up or anything...but someday there will be a photo of King for the blog.
Post a Comment