A week from tonight my Davis collaborator and I are giving a talk at UCB...there is so much to do to get ready for it, we shot some new video of our prototype that I need to edit and place in the slides, I need to find better images of some of the work I am showing, etc. etc. etc. So this weekend I strictly limited myself to the 3 hours of class preparation time officially considered to be the norm for getting a lecture class ready...the teachers among you may be saying hah! right about now. At least I find that preparing lectures can soak up any available time for weeks, if I let it. But being rigorous about the time budget made the time I did work on them very intense, and although my two classes today went pretty well -- in one class there was a definite ah-hah! moment for at least a few students -- I am feeling wrung out. Arrived home simultaneously with A. coming home from a five-day bike trip -- smooched and threw dinner together -- and reviewed a proposal from a student I am advising. I think this doesn't hold a candle to how tired I would be if I were getting up 5 times a night with, say, Lucas...but it's plenty tired enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I prescribe hot bath, hot tea and chocolate. Even if you think you don't have time. Think of it as idea-maturing time and mental organization time.
Dr. Tanya, I accept your prescription!
I prescribe alcohol. Let the ideas flow like tequilaa into a shot glass!
I prescribe alcohol. Let the ideas flow like tequilaa into a shot glass!
I guess I gave you a refill on the Rx, too.
All Rx accepted she says, waving her tequila glass around (hic!). It was that second shot that did it....
You should be expecting the bill for my services in 3-5 business days.
Post a Comment