Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Broken ... Again!

At 4:30 this afternoon, I got a text from Mike:  "I broke my arm."  That's it.  No details.  I responded, "How?"  No response for about 10 minutes.  Then, "Tripped outside Jiffy Lube."  My response, "Do I need to do something?"  He wasn't giving me a lot of information.  Then he asked me to pick him up after work.  When I got there I asked why he didn't call me instead of texting.  His response:  "Where's a phone?"  I pointed out that he had texted me from his phone!  I guess the pain was making him not think straight.  Oh, and his left radius is fractured at the elbow.  We need to call the orthopedic doc tomorrow and get an appointment. 

6 comments:

ET said...

Andrew and I drove down and transported mom across town to pick up Mike's car. I heard he got his oil changed today.

ET said...

Andrew and I drove down and transported mom across town to pick up Mike's car. I heard he got his oil changed today.

ET said...

I was at work just down the street from the incident location at the time of said incident.

Tanya said...

Such unexpected things and pain can definitely contribute to one's brain not working straight. Poor guy. Will he have to be off work?

Rone' said...

Yep. He is off work the rest of this week. He is scheduled for surgery on Monday morning, where they will put two screws in the head of his radius, which is broken about 60/40. Don't know how long he will be off after the surgery. Are we having fun yet?

ET said...

Yes?