Sunday, November 17, 2013

Kneading improvements

I had a suspicion that my bread kneading suffered from inadequacies, so before making this weekend's loaves, I searched YouTube for how to videos.  Here's one that I especially liked:

I tried it out yesterday.  My dough was not as elastic as his, but I still had a good time throwing it on the counter, and it turned out far better than previously.  It's also a good work-out.

3 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Yowsa! That is a LOT of work! Hard to believe that's how it is really done at a boulangerie though, because it would take 2 hours to kneed 6 loaves (if anyone had enough stamina to do it).

ket said...

Yikes! That's not the way my Grandma Tromble showed me. (Can't say my results were ever as good as hers so maybe a I should try a new technique.)

Tanya said...

Those French and their bread.