I love bilingual puns. My train ride home from Lyon yesterday afternoon helped me come up with this good one. I got on the train, located my seat and occupied it. Things got a little bit crazy after that. The lady next to me and I couldn't stop chuckling about fellow passengers. It seemed as though our car was filled to the brim with people who had never taken the train before. There were those who sat in the wrong seats, those who couldn't figure out where to put their luggage and those wanting to barge down the narrow aisles with heavy luggage in spite of the fact that other passengers were already occupying the space. After one particular such incident which resulted in a traffic jam and delicate manoeuvering over a minute or two, the lady across the aisle from me looked down and pointed to something at my feet near the aisle underneath the seat in front of me. I looked down and saw what looked like a pair of dark grey man's underwear. I announced my observation and declined to touch the article for this very reason. This statement was met with giggles from the lady across the aisle who announced the discovery of the underwear to her friends in the row behind me. Everybody in our general vicinity started chuckling and I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes. Eventually, the man who had been forcing his way through with his heavy luggage a few minutes prior showed up to reclaim the wayward undergarment. Underwear is "slip" in French. Don't slip on the "slip"!
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment