Friday, May 2, 2014

May Day

Plans had been changing all week about how Sylvain and Maëva would get up to the annual May 1st Garlaban picnic. Pick-up, horse-drawn buggy . . . Back and forth. Finally, Wednesday evening, all plans fell through. Luckily, I had just learned that afternoon that my friend Jenny still had her child-carry backpack. Yesterday morning, Maëva and I drove over to her house to pick it up. Back at our house, we loaded her up on Sylvain's back and they were off for the hike up the mountain.

I stayed home as I'm no longer allowed to do such fun things at this stage in my pregnancy. Aside from the fact that the carry experience killed Sylvain's back and shoulders, fun was reportedly had by all. Maëva walked a little on her own, ate a good picnic lunch, had a little nap under a tree,
and gave a piece of cake to her favorite horse, Nikita. She didn't have to ride down in the pack. Someone found room for her in a vehicle. They left about 10 am and were back about 5 pm. Meanwhile, I sat in front of the computer correcting exams until lunch time. What more appropriate way to celebrate Labor Day? After lunch, I went for a walk, then it was back in the office for another hour of correcting. I had originally planned to use the day to work on photo albums, but the corrections are more urgent and I just haven't been able to get through them. It was nice to have a quiet day anyway, even if I wasn't doing anything particularly special.

4 comments:

ET said...

Giving birth, maybe?

Tanya said...

Well, not yet, but preparing to, I suppose.

ET said...

No. I meant giving birth might be a more appropriate way to celebrate.

Tanya said...

Oh. Ha ha.