Monday, June 3rd. Sylvain to work at 8. Maëva to school at 8:30. Laureva to Urgent Care at 9. She basically seemed fine this morning, but she couldn't decide how she felt, so after 2.5 days of fever and hurting ears yesterday, I decided to get her checked out. Clean bill of health after some wax removed from right ear. Probably just a virus and uncomfortable ears due to fever wax buildup. However, I let her stay home with Marie-Elisabeth for the day to rest. Evan, Julie and I set out about 10:30. Destination Château de Seuil for wine tasting. We tasted white and rosé bubblies, a sweet white, a dry white and a red. All were delicious. Evan even drank his whole tasting glass of the second white!
Maybe there's still hope that we can convert him to wine drinking ...
On to Lourmarin. Cheese/charcuterie plate and burger lunch on a shady outdoor patio under a fragrant jasmin vine. Post lunch table dancing to Cake By the Ocean. Stroll around the village with a stop at the Isirdi gallery. Dessert at an ice cream parlor. My lavender was delicious.
Traffic backed up do to an accident so late getting back. Marie-Elisabeth picked up Maëva and took her to dance. Emergency phone call as Maëva's leotard was not in her dance bag. She started practice in her street clothes. I couldn't find the leotard at home either so I grabbed a swimsuit and old dance skirt and Evan and I rushed off to deliver them while Julie iced her ankle with frozen carrots.
Back home 6:30pm. Evan went running with Sylvain.
Julie and I kept the girls company for their dinner. At bedtime, Julie told first installment of a new story about Fifi the French poodle and her hairdresser Gigi the cat. They seem to be mixed up in a jewelry theft mystery. We'll find out more tomorrow ...
Apéro on the patio with Château de Seuil white bubbles. Dinner of leftovers. Pleasant evening of small talk. More fun in store for tomorrow ...
Monday, June 3, 2019
Evan and Julie: Day 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Did I miss an accident report about Julie's ankle?
"Pleasant evening of small talk" sounds delightful. Looking forward to those this summer.
Wonderful posts! Just catching up with the blog and greatly enjoying the news from France. Hope Julie's ankle and Laureva's ENT are feeling better.
Sounds like great fun is being had by all. I drank my whole beer sample at a brewery tour with siblings after last summer's family reunion. Beer for Kristen, wine for Evan -- change all round!
Ankle sprain in the Dallas area a while ago.
It's a date, Roy!
Good job, K!
Post a Comment