Photo from Rachel's birthday, a block from the library, where we all rode, she on her new bike. (She's outgrown the one Dad gave her five years ago as a birthday gift, and Lydia had already adopted it.)
I remembered this tree from two years ago, I think, and noticed it again this year. I haven't figured out what it is, yet. Maybe someone else has a clue?
Monday, June 17, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yellow flower tree. Boom!
Correct!
There's a plant identification Facebook group that would nail this in a couple of minutes. Good pics of bud, leaves and flower would do it.
Facebook plant identification to the rescue. It's a California flannel bush. It would likely have taken me ages to find on my own, because it's not in either of my Seattle tree/plant books, and my Google searches didn't have enough to go on.
It's in the mallow family, Malvaceae, and the one related tree in Trees of Seattle is hibiscus.
Post a Comment