Saturday, March 28, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 13

Saturday, March 28. With everyone home all the time, I have to run the dishwasher every night. Thus, my morning inevitably involves unloading the dishwasher at some point.

Mid-morning walk with the girls to deliver bread and muffins to Virginia and family. Surprise: she had six more eggs for us! Baking and crêpes will continue ... As we walked, Maëva expressed her extreme disappointment at not being able to get together with friends. She realized that as it's Saturday, if we weren't confined due to Covid-19, her friend Neelane would have been coming over to practice their talent show duet. I mentioned how lucky the girls are to have a sibling and suggested they think about how much sadder it would be to be one of their only-child friends. Maëva immediately thought of Timéo. Poor him, with only his parents to hang out with all the time. The situation seems to be weighing mentally on Maëva the past few days. She's been generally grumpier and more easily upset since Thursday.
Pizza day. Used whole wheat flour (T150) instead of T110 and let the dough sit an hour during our walk. Turned out well: tastier and crispier than sometimes.
Laureva appears to be starting to read on her own during afternoon quiet reading time. Maëva reported observing her sister reading The Gruffalo this afternoon.
After reading time, I toiled at stirring chick pea flour and water on the stove for fifteen minutes as it thickened while the girls had snack. It'll have to refrigerate overnight, so I won't be able to slice it and fry the portions into panisse until tomorrow. Then, the girls went to Marie-Elisabeth's house to do a children's yoga session with her and I sat down with a cup of chocolate tea to proofread a paper for a friend.
Luckily, there's enough pizza for tonight as well (I made four), so all I'll have to do to get dinner ready is make up a green salad.
Zoom virtual apéro with Lascours friends to close the day. 

2 comments:

ET said...

I ran today (8+ miles). Feeling better.

Tanya said...

Glad your mini cold didn't last long. What about Julie?