Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 16

Tuesday, March 31. Reading everyone's posts is a daily highlight. I love checking in when I get up to see what's been posted overnight.

Ev asked if I were tired of sheltering in yet. It's not so bad. We have everything we need. Everything still works: electricity, gas, hot water, phone, Internet. If something goes down, that could potentially get annoying, but we're not there yet. I know it must be more stressful for people who are not getting paid and we are lucky to have the luxury of not having to worry about that.
Caroline remarked Thursday that she felt she was living a Chevy Chase's Groundhog Day-like situation. Sylvain also feels similarly as he just works whenever he feels like it, though this doesn't bother him. I'm trying to avoid such a feeling for the girls and myself by sticking as much as possible to a pre-coronavirus schedule. Normalish workday from about 9 to 4. And NO working on the weekends.
Last night, another strange dream. This one involving Roy complaining about possibly having a fruit fly problem in their kitchen. That's probably because we seem to be having a fruit fly problem currently.
This morning, I put a 70s playlist on Spotify as I did the exercise bike. It was a nice surprise when Danny's Song came on. I used to sing that to Maëva when she was a baby.
My banker, whom I've always liked and found extremely pleasant and helpful, was quite snippy on the phone today. I imagine she's a bit stressed out. Still. Mental note: try not to get short with innocent people.
Sheltering-in has been officially extended to April 15th by the French government. According to the university's president, they are expecting Covid-19 infections to peak in France soon.
Called the vet. Need more kidney meds and cat food for Tiger. The food is more expensive there, but figured it was preferable this time to frequent a smaller establishment. The vet seemed very concerned about the current public health situation and expressed relief when I assured her we are religiously disinfecting everything that comes into our household. She suggested I read up on cat coronavirus. 
Made cookies. Why not now that I'm stocked up on eggs. Made seed bread dough. Hungry mouths. Going to need to make a flour run soon, but Virginia told me the organic market was out of wheat flours. Might need to modify my standard recipe some. 

3 comments:

Nicole Tromble said...

When our friends, The Franks, walked by our house the other day, they said they introduced their daughter, Sydney (Lydia's age) to the movie Groundhogs Day. Seems to fit the bill in the same way as our Pandemic game purchase.

Nicole Tromble said...

I also have been reading the blog more regularly since staying safe at home (I read that the power of positive thinking and changing the phrase to safe at home rather than stuck at home is helpful), I'm grateful for the small distractions to interrupt my news reading.

mt San Francisco said...

I like that "safe at home" language. Adopting it, hereforth! Thank you.