Thursday, Lydia returned to school and I returned to the Google office. It was a very rainy day, but I managed to commute during breaks in the weather, so I didn't have to invoke rain pants.
Nicole guest taught Colin's class for the first time. I didn't get many details except that the kids were very excited to be rewarded with free choice writing time. Colin was working on an uproarious story with two classmates.
Lydia has been working on memorizing and understanding the preamble to the Constitution. Rachel didn't have P.E. today because of the state assessments. The math exam was not very challenging, she said. Eric's coat has gone missing. I think he had it on the way to Spanish on Tuesday, but we haven't seen it since. They didn't find it at Spanish today.
Nicole had a massage this evening, so she left shortly after I came home, and we ate dinner without her. I spent some time reading after that, while the kids did various things. My French reading gave me two e words: estafilade, which is a slash, especially on the face, from a sharp weapon, but refers in the book to cuts on the forearms of motorcyclists, and entrechat, which translates to entrechat. My ballet vocabulary is pretty limited.
I didn't report yesterday that the district had sent another email about rising COVID cases. Last week they had over seven hundred positive reports among students and staff. Although a far cry from the worst in January—over 1700—, I believe this is more than 1% of the student/staff population, which still seems alarmingly high.
0 comments:
Post a Comment