Saturday, May 21, 2022

Trek for treats

It was a lovely day in Seattle, Saturday, sunny and in the mid sixties. We didn't have anything planned except Rachel's piano lesson in the afternoon. Nicole decided to attend a teacher training course via her phone, in the morning.


Just as she was finishing up, and we were finishing lunch, we were planning to all go on a walk together when Nicole realized it was almost time for Rachel's lesson. I took the other kids on the walk. We first headed to the library, then stopped at Molly Moon's for ice cream for Lydia and me. We got Eric some water. Then we went on to Menchie's for the boys' treats, and finally to Blue Highway Games for a pick up.

As we were walking back to the house, Nicole pulled alongside. The kids all opted for a ride home, but I stuck to walking, since Rachel was in the front seat. As I returned home, I saw Nicole and Rachel walking away at the other end of the alley. I think they went to get bubble tea, but by the time they returned, I was playing Minecraft with Eric and Colin.

Nicole and I went on another walk after dinner to drop some books off at Little Free Libraries and check on Lydia and Eric, who had gone to play at Coe. After play time was over, I read another chapter of Harry Potter to Colin while Eric fell asleep.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer than today, with a high around seventy.

0 comments: