Thursday morning it looked like it had rained, but that was the last we saw of it. There were darker moments during the day when the sun blocked the clouds, but it was pretty nice.
Colin was moving slowly this morning. He had a nasty rug burn on his back from wrestling Rachel last night, and probably didn't want to go to school. But, persistence paid off and we got him out the door in time, a few minutes behind his siblings.
Nicole took Rachel to school because she was teaching music at Daniel Bagley today, and didn't need to be there until after nine. She had one unruly class today—Kindergarten. Their classroom teacher was not happy to be called back early to get them.
On my way home from work Nicole texted that the kids had gone to Coe after Spanish while she went to get gas and burgers. I took a slight detour to meet them. They were just heading home when I arrived but when they saw me they ran ahead. Nicole pulled in with dinner just as I was walking down the alley.
I read two more Harry Potter chapters to Colin. Eric fell asleep again. As such I only had un chouïa of time to read French—less than a page, but it was enough to find that word, meaning un peu.
1 comments:
It was a really strange class. There were only 15 or so kids, but with 5 of them acting out and completely ignoring all of my attempts to get them back on task... I was really left with very little option but to call their teacher back. MAN, was she pissed to have her prep period interrupted. She was very angry with her students. I felt sort of bad... but in all honesty, I really had run out of options and didn't think there was any chance of getting the music class back on track. Though, after witnessing her response to the disruption, I felt really bad for these kindergarteners; but I don't know what else I could have done, they were completely ignoring everything that I was asking of them. Thankfully, the next class was one that I had been a guest teacher for the whole day two weeks ago, so we had a solid foundation already to do the music class together. By the time my assignment was over, the day had ended rather well.
Post a Comment